Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Movin' up and movin' on!


She's here! The new setup has arrived! "What new setup?" you ask. "By new setup are you referring to that pair of matched 22-inch flat panel LCDs sitting in your office? And perhaps also to the quad-core Intel Mac sitting beside it (not pictured)?" Yes my friend, that is exactly what I'm referring to. I won't spend a long time forcing you to skip over technical blather about all the fancy specs of my new computer, but you will have to have a little patience with me for being excited about the situation. You see, I work with computers on a daily basis. And, like any other tool, computers have nasty little quirks and issues that they insist on plaguing you with - my old computer being an example of this. So, the wheels of resolution sometimes grind slowly, but they have nevertheless ground, and I am excited about it! My nasty quirks (or should I say, those of my old computer) should be gone, and I should be happily editing video in the land of new technology!
Enough of me. Classes start tomorrow! Teri is, of course, busy (even as I write this) gearing up for her first classes tomorrow. Ah her poor, poor students. Little do they know that they are about to be transformed from faltering tongues to golden orators - well, maybe not every single one, it kind of depends on the student, but good things will happen - just you wait and see.
We're buying a bookcase on Saturday, so we'll have a reason to start unpacking some of our books. That's actually a big part of the unpacking quandary right now - we just don't have anywhere to put things once we get them out of the boxes.
Well, I don't think I succeeded in "penning" thoughts of great wit and wisdom, managing to engage the reader while relating the mundane - my apologies, but there you have the update.

--Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment