Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Outdoorsy Life

Well, Nick and I have, for the second Saturday in a row now, taken advantage of the lovely fall weather to increase our athletic abilities. A week and a half ago we decided that we would like start playing catch together. So, we purchased a couple of baseballs and mitts and last Saturday went out to the field by our apartment and played catch. We enjoyed it so much, we'd like to make it a regular thing, though it's probably too late in the season for a continuance of appropriate weather. Having practiced yesterday, we can already see improvement to our throwing/catching skills. Although, when you start from nowhere like me, it doesn't take much to get somewhere. I could flatter myself and say that I'm growing quite good at catching, but the truth of the matter is, Nick pitches so well, I don't have to work hard to get the ball. Not so vice versa. In fact, we've learned to stand so there is a fence somewhere behind Nick, so that when my wildly hurled ball goes astray, he doesn't have to run the length of the field to retrieve it. Nick is very patient and consoles me with the reminder that when I become a better pitcher, he won't get as much exercise. And it is indeed good exercise. Our sore muscles are testimony of that. Regardless of skill level, we enjoy the time together; so, with aching arms and shoulders, we eagerly await our next opportunity for some quality time of "catch."

May the Lord bless you,
Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment